What I’ve been saying…
Lookin for sumfin?
- And for those who can't make it to the friday night talk, I'm doin a talk about queer comics on Saturday at @IPRC facebook.com/events/7165643… 15 hours ago
- Just dropped off the first 3 issues Family Portraits to @qcenter, plus some of @RainbowYOUTH's I'm Local resources if u want a sneak peak! 15 hours ago
- RT @ErikaMoen: Friday 19 @ 6:30 @Sam_Orchard will be talking about his queer & trans comic series Family Portraits at @IOWbooks! https://t.… 16 hours ago
- Photo: My mum is amazing - kickstarter reward sorting is go! tmblr.co/ZrGpJy1R2-HYI 17 hours ago
- My mum is amazing - kickstarter reward sorting is go! instagram.com/p/tEATrxMNGl/ 17 hours ago
SupportIf you like what you read and wanna make a donation to support a small-time trans artist I have a paypal account you could pop it in. I also set up a wishlist on The Book Depository: Here Anything is greatly appreciate :)
Tag Archives: dressing up
This week’s comic comes to you from the incredible mind of Jay out of a conversation on reddit – who gave me the words and concept for it. Thanks so much Jay! I hope I did it justice!
(P.S. I set up a facebook profile too)
Also: The link to Erika’s Girl Fuck (it’s seriously awesome)
EDIT: Eeek! The link to Girl Fuck wasn’t workin’ it is now :)
It was Joe’s birthday recently, and he asked me to draw him a ‘family’ picture of me, him and bobs. So I got some images of the Original Plumbing boys, Amos Mac and Rocco Kayiatos:
(The photos are by Lydia Daniller, and featured in this article)
And made my own version:
Any excuse to talk about Gene Kelly is a happy one.
I’m away for the next two weeks, visiting my parentals in the states. So there’ll be no updates sadly. But, rest assured I’ll be back to it in late August.
So last week we had Pink Shirt Day in New Zealand. Pink Shirt day is a an international campaign aiming to show that bullying is not ok and won’t be tolerated. People were encouraged to wear a pink shirt to raise awareness of bullying and show the massive amount of people who support taking a stance against bullying and believe that bullying should not be tollerated anywhere no matter what the reasons or circumstances are.
I helped organise a little promotion for it down in Dunedin – hanging out some washing across the Octagon (our city centre) – namely pink shirts. The local TV came down to say hello :) - Watch it Here!