What I’ve been saying…
Lookin for sumfin?
- RT @studentsnz: If you are working tomorrow, it's important your employer gives you two hours paid leave to vote in the election. http://t.… 5 hours ago
- And for those who can't make it to the friday night talk, I'm doin a talk about queer comics on Saturday at @IPRC facebook.com/events/7165643… 1 day ago
- Just dropped off the first 3 issues Family Portraits to @qcenter, plus some of @RainbowYOUTH's I'm Local resources if u want a sneak peak! 1 day ago
- RT @ErikaMoen: Friday 19 @ 6:30 @Sam_Orchard will be talking about his queer & trans comic series Family Portraits at @IOWbooks! https://t.… 1 day ago
- Photo: My mum is amazing - kickstarter reward sorting is go! tmblr.co/ZrGpJy1R2-HYI 1 day ago
SupportIf you like what you read and wanna make a donation to support a small-time trans artist I have a paypal account you could pop it in. I also set up a wishlist on The Book Depository: Here Anything is greatly appreciate :)
Tag Archives: Hello I’m Trans
So, this happened the week before I left Dunedin, but as I miss Joe so much I’m still pretending I’m living in the same place as him.
But those vials are seriously difficult!!
So this week I managed to cross over the 100,000 view mark! I’m sure it’s mostly me clicking around my own site, but it still is extremely awesome!
So – in celebration I’m popping up my poster version of the Gender Challenging Binary Identity as featured here!
Aaaand I’m still doing my fundraising drive, so if you want a print of this here image above, or other images or strips (including things in the gallery, or my wonderful Wolverine!) donate $10 or more and I’ll send it your way :D
I made a poster!
Next month is the Asia Pacific Outgames in Wellington, and alongside the games they’re having a Human Rights Conference. They’ve got speakers from around the globe to share their experiences and knowledge, and it looks full to the brim with awesome stuff.
I’m gonna be involved in two presentations – one on the importance of queer storytelling, and another on trans/queer support in New Zealand.
Also! If that’s not enough we’re gonna get together trans/intersex, friends and family together the day before the conference so there’s a space to meet and talk about all the amazing regional work that people are doing, and building on ideas to strengthen and support one another. Details here!
So at the end of last year I applied for a Master of Creative Writing course at the Auckland Uni of Technology. I mostly applied because I heard that Dylan Horrocks was going to be one of the supervisors, but also because it looked wicked.
Anyway, I submitted a proposal and got accepted to the course! So in a couple of weeks time I’ll be moving up there. So, if my comics get a bit sporadic over the next little while, and if you notice lots of comics about how much I miss Joe (he’s staying here until he finishes his masters – *sadface*), then this is probably the reason why.
Below, my comic proposal! Coming to a masters programme soon:
So a few of you might remember that I had the honour of having a comic of mine be published in Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation. Well, in the spirit of RJ’s Riot Nrrrd, I’ve done my own comic review of it:
Also, speaking of RJ, they’re being interviewed by Bitch as part of the blog’s series ‘Beyond The Panel’ interviewing webcomic artists! I’ve been asked to do an interview to, so keep an eye out for that in the future as well :)