What I’ve been saying…
Lookin for sumfin?
- Photo: fuckyeahsexeducation: Pretty amazing comic about trans teens and creating safe spaces. tmblr.co/ZrGpJy19NUiLY 17 hours ago
- RT @TransBound: Pretty amazing #comic about #trans teens + creating #safespaces @Sam_Orchard tmblr.co/Z8wY6w19N40Pr #Queer #LGBTQ #LGBT 17 hours ago
- RT @ErikaMoen: Wanna be a Sex Education Superhero? Donate to @Scarleteen so they won't have to shut down their services :) https://t.co/AoO… 20 hours ago
- My phone is temporarily not receiving txts, so if I'm not responding it means that I didn't get your text.... or I'm ignoring it. 1 day ago
- Artists! What can i do if i find someone has uploaded my art to imgur??? 1 day ago
SupportIf you like what you read and wanna make a donation to support a small-time trans artist I have a paypal account you could pop it in. I also set up a wishlist on The Book Depository: Here Anything is greatly appreciate :)
Tag Archives: Testosterone Deficient
So, this happened the week before I left Dunedin, but as I miss Joe so much I’m still pretending I’m living in the same place as him.
But those vials are seriously difficult!!
I feel pretty amazed to have the privilege of being photographed, but also to actually take up that opportunity and say “yeh, I’ll do it”. It’s totally not my style, and even a couple of months ago I probably would have shied away from it. So, I pretty much feel awesome about it.
Plus Rebecca Swan was super amazing about all the gender stuff too; calling us “guys” and using male pronouns the whole time, even if on top of our nakedness and my lack of testosteroned body. It could have been quite a vulnerable-making, terrifying experience, but Rebecca was totally awesome about helping us feel seen.
You should check out her site here, btw: SITE!!
I guess I just feel frustrated that our communities express themselves using the medical system’s benchmarks.
I actually ended up having a really awesome experience at the hospital; I go in there regularly to hold Joe’s hand be manly with Joe when he gets his T-shot, so they recognised me when I went in. The ladies at the reception whispered my given name before asking what they’d like me to change it to on their files, and then they went in and told the Doctor that I was Sam. It was super lovely.
I’ve been watching lots of transman vlogs on Youtube lately, it’s really interesting what testosterone-induced changes people are excited about – or not excited about. Voice breaking, facial hair, body hair, muscles, flatter chest, etc. etc.
And, yep, facial hair is definitely what I’m most keen for.
I usually have a blurb that I write in my head as I draw comics – to go alongside the strip to elaborate on what I’m trying to say. Usually, by the time I’m done with the strip, however, I’ve said it to myself so many times that I feel less motivated to write it down. Oh well.
I really like this video, I watched it about a month or so ago, and it has felt like it stuck in my mind, and I keep coming back to it.