What I’ve been saying…
Lookin for sumfin?
- I may have just discovered the best spotify playlist. Or I might be drunk. 12 hours ago
- Oh no. I drank too much wine and watched project runway. 13 hours ago
- RT @SGCposts: @GeekDomme 'Cat's Cradle' (first draft) http://t.co/4bttoJE5Yi 13 hours ago
- Photo: For the last 100 days we’ve been working on a video series of people talking about someone who means... tmblr.co/ZrGpJy1TzGk_- 15 hours ago
- For the last 100 days we've been working on a video series of people talking about someone who means a… instagram.com/p/ukA-myMNGo/ 15 hours ago
SupportIf you like what you read and wanna make a donation to support a small-time trans artist I have a paypal account you could pop it in. I also set up a wishlist on The Book Depository: Here Anything is greatly appreciate :)
Tag Archives: Testosterone Deficient
So, this happened the week before I left Dunedin, but as I miss Joe so much I’m still pretending I’m living in the same place as him.
But those vials are seriously difficult!!
I feel pretty amazed to have the privilege of being photographed, but also to actually take up that opportunity and say “yeh, I’ll do it”. It’s totally not my style, and even a couple of months ago I probably would have shied away from it. So, I pretty much feel awesome about it.
Plus Rebecca Swan was super amazing about all the gender stuff too; calling us “guys” and using male pronouns the whole time, even if on top of our nakedness and my lack of testosteroned body. It could have been quite a vulnerable-making, terrifying experience, but Rebecca was totally awesome about helping us feel seen.
You should check out her site here, btw: SITE!!
I guess I just feel frustrated that our communities express themselves using the medical system’s benchmarks.
I actually ended up having a really awesome experience at the hospital; I go in there regularly to hold Joe’s hand be manly with Joe when he gets his T-shot, so they recognised me when I went in. The ladies at the reception whispered my given name before asking what they’d like me to change it to on their files, and then they went in and told the Doctor that I was Sam. It was super lovely.