I was thinking about icons the other day, how we have images that we produce to put across a message about heroism, or beauty, or any other ideal. I remember being fascinated by church stained glass heroes, saints, and their stories; Joan of Arc – Transman Extraordinaire, St. Francis of Assisi – Original Hippie, St. Anthony – Mr. Find it. I wanted to do one about people who just are, despite the rhetoric that exists to relegate us to the fringes; people so comfortable in themselves that it makes it impossible to buy into the idea that we’re freaks.
What I’ve been saying…
Lookin for sumfin?
- Listening to @Mihi_Forbes interviewing the Hobson's Pledge dudes - A+++ 🙌 47 minutes ago
- <3 Māori whānau get new advice for supporting LGBTQI kids radionz.co.nz/news/te-manu-k… 7 hours ago
- Made the cover of #nzherald travel magazine #blessed instagram.com/p/BSMeG3IhVHR/ 1 day ago
- Watched too many max key vlogs and then felt compelled to clean the shower w four different… instagram.com/p/BSMcmzRB4w4/ 1 day ago
- Trans Day of Visibility is coming up, so just resharing my thoughts from last year - Part one: roostertailscomic.com/comic/trans-da… 2 days ago
SupportIf you like what you read and wanna make a donation to support a small-time trans artist I have a paypal account you could pop it in. I also set up a wishlist on The Book Depository: Here Anything is greatly appreciate :)